Necessities  

Posted by FacelessGraceless

In the course of my bargain hunting, I've ended up with a surplus of a few items. Right now, I have 12 bottles of my husband's shower gel, 4 bottles of my shower gel, 2 bottles of shower gel for our son, and 4 bottles for our daughter. We have four bottles of dishwashing liquid, despite washing 99% of our dishes in the dishwasher. I also have a reusable shopping tote filled with nothing but toothbrushes and toothpaste, and a smaller bag filled with reusable razors. (I would be ashamed to admit all of this, but I know that my fellow frual shoppers will understand. Moneymakers! Great fillers!)


Naturally, when my daughter and I stayed at a hotel this weekend, she forgot to bring a toothbrush or a razor with her. Unfortunately, I had also neglected to bring a razor, and she was in desperate need of one. No problem, right? Where's the sign by the sink that says "forgot your toothbrush? Just call the front desk for a complementary toiletry kit!" Well, this hotel didn't have one of those signs. It did have a small package on top of the mini-bar, though.








Toothbrush, toothpaste, disposable razor, and comb were all visible. Perfect! You can tell that we're staying at a luxury hotel, because they have anticipated our needs and met them! Except... what does that little card at the top say? If I put on my glasses, I might be able to read it... Does it have a dollar sign on it?


Yes, ladies and gentlemen. You too can pay top dollar for a hotel room, and then an additional $7 for your very own disposable razor. Isn't America great?



This entry was posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments