Gyro Hero  

Posted by FacelessGraceless

Today at work, several of my co-workers asked me to go to lunch with them.  We piled into a couple of SUVs, so I wasn't entirely sure who was going along.  We arrived at the restaurant to find that we had the president of the company, a vice-president, an engineer, two project managers, and me.  It wasn't a big deal being the only woman, and I figured we'd all sit a big table together, so our positions in the company wouldn't matter either.


As it turned out, only small tables were available, and somehow I ended up sharing a table with the president.  It's not quite as intimidating as it might be, because he's only about 10 years older than me, and we do see each other several times a day, since it's a smallish office.

But, (and here's where the "graceless" comes in), I had ordered a gyro for lunch.  And when it arrived at the table, it was HUGE.  With an equally obnoxious side of fries.  Mr. President commented that it was really mean of the restaurant to only provide two napkins with a gyro.  I wanted to crawl under the table and hide.  But since that wasn't a feasible option (work clothes and greasy floors do not make for a nice combination), I grabbed a plastic fork and knife and did my best to eat neatly.  I managed to eat about half of the gyro, and about 3 French Fries.  

And when we cleared our trays, Mr. President said that he was very impressed to see that I still had a napkin left over!  If I ever go to lunch with "the guys" again, I think I'll order a salad!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments